Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Greetings!

This is my first post on my new blog, how exciting. I'm not exactly "new" to the blogging scene, as I've had a personal "microblog" or Tumblr since I was a senior in high school. When I started my journalism classes here at Rowan though, it was clear I was going to need to make a more accessible, and mature (or professional) blog to use in my Online Journalism class, and maybe even one I could use to market myself in the future.

And so here I am.

This blog is focused on the 2013 Film season. Reviews of past and upcoming films and performances (by yours truly), open discussions about those films, updates on upcoming films, and even posts about iconic films of the past will all be included in the content of this blog. I'm a huge cinephile, huge. Sometimes I think I love movies more than the people who make movies do (maybe I'm exaggerating a little, who knows). Any one of my friends or family members will tell you I'm their authority when it comes to which movie to see and what not. My high school nickname was "IMDB.com", go figure.

I'm hoping to become a film critic someday, and hopefully parlay this blog into something substantial. Over the years I've begun following more and more blogs (thefilmexperience.net, awardsdaily.com, incontention.com, hollywood-elsewhere.com, thompsononhollywood.com). I hope to model my blog after those blogs, and hopefully attain a similar success and audience.

*sigh* Cross your fingers, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment