Wednesday, December 11, 2013

End of the Semester

It's hard to believe I've been at this for almost 4 months now. Looking back now, I find it quite silly that I hadn't thought about doing this before I started my Online Journalism class at the beginning of the semester. This is what I want to do as a career; writing about and discussing film is my passion. I haven't felt this way about any other potential job I've thought about following in my lifetime.

Over the course of the semester, I've learned a lot about my writing style, fine-tuning it and adapting to write for the online generation. I've taken some much needed constructive criticism, and grown outside my comfort zone. The thought of conducting an interview used to make me so nervous, and yet this semester I nabbed one with one of my idols, The Film Experience's Nathaniel Rogers (which you can read here). I've also seen some great movies (Gravity, Frances Ha) and had the pleasure of publishing some think pieces/analyzations (Emma Watson in The Bling Ring, probably one of the best things I've ever written; Alicia Silverstone in Clueless) to an audience, which is very new to me. Anyone that knows me personally knows I'm very nervous about sharing my work with others. This semester forced me to get over that, and now I have a little bit of a following on this little site that started out as a class assignment, but has turned into so much more.



While the weekly assignment posts will be coming to an end, my activity on here will not. I will be keeping up with this blog even after my semester of school is over. We're just getting into the nitty gritty in terms of awards season, and there's still some reviews of movies I need to put up before the end of the year (Her, American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street).

Sometime in the next few weeks I'll be compiling my "Best of 2013" list, which will include (but is not limited to) my favorite movies, performances, and even albums from the past year. As I said before, my activity on here isn't going to stop, in fact I'll probably grow seeing as I'll have so much free time over winter break.

I just want to say thank you to those who have been regularly visiting this blog since I started, and to those who have provided me some great feedback and support along the way. You guys are great, and I promise I won't disappoint you in terms of content/coverage in the future!

Let's keep talkin movies!


No comments:

Post a Comment